The Drawings So Far:

Monday 7 September 2009

Day 16: A geeky confrontation

The strange idea for this comes from my friend Dan Mitchell who when asked said, "I want you to draw a Greek hero who talks to a red demon and a green spirit. and has a mobile phone in his pants." Which seemed pretty cool if not specific. So here's my attempt! The geek is trying to get something back from them, probably his Aquaman style gloves, but I think they are too freaked out by him and his phone. I know it may not be the best drawing you've seen today but I had a lot of fun drawing it, there's something timelessly funny to me about drawing geeks. Probably comes from being sibling to two and engaged to another, haha!

5 comments:

  1. I do love this picture. Good stuff. Not exactly what I asked for, but only one letter difference, geek, Greek, similar things ;)

    Good stuff though, for sure

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well theres a sign of how tired I was yesterday. Sorry mate, I can draw a Greek if you want haha! I think it would have had trouble showing a phone in a toga though :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's actually part of a show I'm doing and I wanted to see how you interpreted it. I love your pic though!

    don't worry about drawing a Greek. and Togas are more Roman. Greeks generally wore just their pants

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh I see. My knowledge of Greeks comes from my dad (who loves medieval times more) and my fiance (who loves Egypt) so its a bit of a grey area... Oh and a tiny bit of Philosophy A Level :/

    The show sounds interesting though, good luck with that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kater has designed me a Cerberus style three headed dog for it.Looking purty sweeeeeeeeet.

    I'm not saying Greeks DIDN't wear togas. It's just the heros were largely in pants. Don't ask me why.

    ReplyDelete